Puja Prasadam Menu: for 40 - 50 people
Rawa Kesari (1/2 kg)
Podi Prasadam (made with fine godhuma rawa, skipped banana n coconut)
Panchamrutam (plus added little sugar)
Vada Pappu (soak moong dal, over night)
Lime rice (12 rice cups)
Daddojanam (6 rice cups)
White rice (12 rice cups)
Garelu (3 kg)
Kobbari Chutney (5 packs frozen)
Tomato Dal (3/4 th kg)
Senagala Talimpu or Kadala Curry (1 kg for curry is good, if u r doing dry little more would be good)
Aloo Fry (we did with 3 kg but 5 kg is appropriate as kids loved it)
Beans Fry (we did with 3 kg's frozen packet, but felt like 5 kg would be sufficient)
Carrot Halwa (we did with 3 kg's, but 2 kg are enough ) or Gulab Jamun (your wish)
Vanilla ice cream (if it is summer)
a) Points to remember:
1) Banana stem should be towards you.
2) Betel Leaves stem should be towards you.
3) In kalasam inside put - 3/4 th qty water with powdered ingredients like (pacha karpuram, elaichi, cloves, nutmeg), coin, akshintalu, pasupu, kum kuma.
4) Tamalpaku lo pette tappudu put, 1 date, 1 vakka, 1 coin, 1 pasupu kommu.
b) Watch "Blouse Piece folding for Kalash" on youtube.
c) Watch "Hindu Customs -Toran made by stringing mango leaves and marigold flowers" on you tube.
(mango leaves toran)
Random Pictures for the big day!
(Garelu frying away)
(Hare Krishna's Boondi Laddu)
(Stack all the cutlery in beautiful baskets)
(Directions while doing Nava graha puja)
(Directions for Ashta dikpalakas)
(Soak gatti vathulu in ghee over night)
1) For lime rice, use squeeze lime juice.
2) Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Poojavidhanm And Katha.
3) Keep Ziplock bags for Podi Prasadam.
4) When you are visiting some ones home for Sri Satyanarayan Puja, u can take to host's house 1 coconut, 1 Incense stick packet, Bananas, or Flower pot of Chamanthi or sweets like Hare Krishna's Boondi Laddu with you.
Vakka Packet, Pasupu, Kum kuma, 2 Betel leaves, 2 Fruits, Coin or Return Gift, 1 Blouse piece (buy colors like red, orange, green, yellow as they can keep it on kalash) 1/2 broken Coconut (prasadam), 1 Ziplock Packet Podi Prasadam (inside put 3 spoons each Podi Prasadam or as u wish), n finally chocolates (for kids) - inside a goody bag or a small box that fits everything or a nice to-go platter.
For Shopping for puja items:
Giri.in or buy local Indian Store for puja items.
© 2015 by Rajani Rayudu